A dozen films were top picks out of 96 entries in this year’s Fast Forward Film Festival. They are:
• SweetBeez by Ben Gonyo of Rochester
The story of a volunteer organization for urban beekeeping in Rochester.
• Sturgeon Song by Erica Barnabas of Brighton (Democrat and Chronicle columnist Erica Bryant.)
A short about the global and local environmental crisis impacting sturgeon.
• Single Track Nature by Don Casper of Irondequoit, epic10films
The story of a volunteer organization in Rochester that teaches children about nature.
• Paper by Ben Doran, RIT student, of Pittsford
A film about paper and the need for its recycling.
• Landed by Meagan Dellavilla of Webster
The story of a couple and their earthship in Canada.
• Kristen the Science Girl by Kristin Smith of Brighton
An environmentally focused parody of Bill Nye the Science Guy.
• Just Add Water by Jeff Mead of Caledonia
The story of the Rochester based, globally focused, nonprofit Water for South Sudan.
• Greenovation by Nick Neumann, RIT student, of Honeoye Falls
A short about a unique Rochester store dedicated to upcycling.
• Epiphany by Michael Tomb of Rochester – Studio Michaelino
A film about energy.
• Changes by Michael Ramsey and Film STARS at the City of Rochester’s East High School.
An environmental call to action through music.
• Ain’t No Fish by Tom Gasek of Rochester
A short stop-motion film featuring singing seals in the ocean.
• World.zip by Naghmeh Farzaneh, RIT student, of Henrietta
A film that provides an objective view of the future of the earth.
If you go
What: Fast Forward Film Festival
When: 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, April 17 (film screenings) and 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Saturday, April 18 (reception, film screenings and award ceremony)
Where: Fridayat The Little Theatre, 240 East Ave., Rochester. Saturday, George Eastman House, Dryden Theatre, 900 East Ave., Rochester.
Cost: Friday, adults $5, students/seniors/Little Theatre members $4. Saturday, adults $25, students/seniors $20.
Tickets: Tickets available at fastforwardroc.org/box-office.
More: (585) 484-0343